Thursday 23 July 2015

Carried most, used least…

TV aerials - Ripley, Derbyshire

The above image was taken on the camera that I carry most but actually use least, the Olympus Stylus XZ-10.

Olympus Stylus XZ-10

It's a pocketable 12 million pixel camera with a wide aperture (f1.8-2.7) 5x iZuiko zoom lens (4.7-23.5mm, 26-130mm in 35mm terms) that shoots RAW files.

Things I like:

The control ring around the lens that can be used to set the lens aperture.
Being able to easily access exposure compensation via the sub dial on the camera back.

Things I don't:

Battery life (or the lack thereof…)
The lack of a continuous focus mode.

It (and a spare battery) goes everywhere that I do, always in my pocket or my bag, after all, the best camera is always the one you have with you…

No comments:

Post a Comment